In the past I've been that "Do It Yourself" Girl. Able to knock anything out not needing help, I had it under control. As I write this now, it makes me shriek. I actually took pride in this. Staying up all night, banging my head against the wall for the right answer...when all I had to do was Ask.
It is tough life when you Always have an Answer, not necessarily the answer but an Answer. I am realizing how it fills the space...if an answer already exists sometimes friends, colleagues, teammates don't search and reach into their own creativity for one. Then we all lose.
There is a concept many of you may be familiar with, the MasterMind....it is defined as the MetaMind, so to speak, that is created when two or more people come together tin creative collaboration. It is more powerful, brilliant, and genius than either of each alone.
What does this mean for someone who formerly defined herself by how smart she was?
Allowing others to have the answers, better ideas, what does that mean about me? I now see it means Nothing...nothing at all. Except maybe I am becoming more comfortable with who I AM, letting go of the need to prove myself, and control. Actually, it means life is a lot easier. It sounds so obvious yet so was so easy to forget in an overachieving frenzy....Loving myself means loving others...and being Vulnerable to them.
My heart just opened....Not having all of the answers means I get to connect with others at a Higher Level, I get to Honor the Gifts and Talents they've come to this world with, I get to Learn from them and See them in their Highest Light. I get to Get Out of the Way!
VULNERABILITY
Photo Credits: Temari09 Flamingo Rose http://bit.ly/bJUklD

No comments:
Post a Comment